NIGERIA: Abducted School Girls Forced To Marry Radical Islamic Captors


Photo (AP)

Photo (AP)

By Emma Ovuakporie, Joseph Erunke, Johnbosco Agbakwuru & Ndahi  Marama
ABUJA—The Federal Government, yesterday, made a passionate appeal to parents of 234 female students of a secondary school in Chibok, Borno State, who were abducted by Boko Haram terrorists, to give it more time for rescue operation even as four more girls were said to have escaped from the terrorists’ den.

The government appeal came on a day the Senate called for full scale military campaign against the insurgents, just as the House of Representatives summoned the Chief of Defence Staff and all the Service Chiefs to appear before it and explain how the abducted girls would be rescued.

Also, the senator representing Borno North, Ahmed Zanna claimed, yesterday, that he informed the military as the terrorists were moving the girls from one place to the other but the military failed to act on time.

Parents protest at National Assembly

One of the lucky abducted students in Chibok who was later rescued and being handed over by her parents at school premises on Monday. Photo by Ndahi Maiduguri.

Minister of Women Affairs, Hajia Zainab Maina, while addressing the parents of the abducted girls, who stormed the National Assembly to protest what they described as the insensitivity of the Federal Government to their plight since the abduction of the girls, said concerted efforts were being made by the security forces to secure their release.

The aggrieved parents in black attires and armed with various placards had early in the day staged a peaceful demonstration at the popular Eagle Square before moving to the National Assembly where they staged another peaceful demonstration, demanding the immediate intervention of President Goodluck Jonathan for the rescue of their daughters before any harm was done to any of them.

Speaking on behalf of the parents under the umbrella of Kibaku Area Development Association, KADA, Mrs Naomi Mutah lamented that it was “painful that our daughters were carried away into the wilderness over 15 days now like cows to be slaughtered. Since then, we have not heard any thing from the Federal Government. READ MORE from Vanguard (Nigeria)

Home » Christian persecution » Pray For Alireza Seyyedian From Iran Chained For Christ

Pray For Alireza Seyyedian From Iran Chained For Christ

 

3 Votes

Please alert believers everywhere to uplift brother Alireza Seyyedian with prayers and intercession. He has sacrificed his Freedom, Comfort, and family for his love of Christ, Iranian judges are very severe with former Muslims that convert to Christianity.

Alireza Seyyedian, has been a Christian since 2006. In 2011 his apartment was raided and his computer was stolen. It contained a video of his baptism and for this he was arrested. His sentence: 6 years + 90 lashes. This April marked his 3rd year in prison. Currently, he has been vomiting, having seizures and unable to sleep.”

Lord, do not just let him survive, but thrive for you in prison! Give him your miraculous strength to press on towards the goal!

Follow VOICE OF THE PERSECUTED on Facebook and Twitter



Categories: Africa, Christian persecution, news

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

Rev. 22:20 'Surely I am coming quickly, Amen. Even so, come Lord Jesus!'

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.