Nigerian Military Has Information On Location of Abducted School Girls


nigerian-kidnapping

The Nigerian Military is claiming the whereabouts of the nearly 300 school girls kidnapped by the Islamic insurgents, Boko Haram have been located, but are unable to rescue them as it may endanger their lives. 

 The country’s Chief of Defense, Air Marshal Alex Badeh spoke to thousands of organized demonstrators who had been brought in on buses and marched to Defense Ministry headquarters in Abuja. He said Nigeria’s military fears using force to try to free them could get them killed.
He told demonstrators supporting the much criticized military that Nigerian troops can save the girls. But he added, “we can’t go and kill our girls in the name of trying to get them back.”

He refused to comment on the location of the girls when asked by reporters. He asked the demonstrators,

“We want our girls back. I can tell you we can do it. Our military can do it. But where they are held, can we go with force?”

The crowd yelled back, “No!”

“If we go with force what will happen?” he asked.

“They will die,” they replied.

He told them, “Nobody should come and say the Nigerian military does not know what it is doing. We know what we are doing.” 

Soldiers in the military have claimed they are force to go to dangerous areas undermanned, while trying to overcome the radical group laden with high tech weaponry. Earlier this month, some of them fired on the car of a commanding officer coming to pay his respects to 12 soldiers who the soldiers felt were unnecessarily killed by the insurgents in a ambush.

The CDS refused to give details  that the military would not use force in its efforts to secure the release of the abducted girls, but assured that this war on terror would be won by the military. “The President has empowered us to do the work”, he said.

While efforts are being made to secure the release of the schoolgirls, Boko Haram continues to carry out deadly attacks in the northern part of the country.

On May 18, an explosion in Kano, while police averted  another devastating bomb blast in the city the next day. Nearly 80people were killed in two bomb blasts in the center of Jos, the Plateau State capital on May 20th. And another bomb blast on Saturday close to a football center, University of Jos where three people died.

Please pray for Nigeria and our Nigerian brothers and sisters.  Pray for the rescue and safety of the mainly Christians girls abducted from Chibok, along with many others who are never covered by the main stream media!



Categories: Africa, Christian persecution, news

Tags: , , , , , ,

Rev. 22:20 'Surely I am coming quickly, Amen. Even so, come Lord Jesus!'

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.